Almost every brand redesigned its best selling cars in Canada for 2019. Brands are not sparing any effort in providing top-notch features that will make you want to live inside your vehicle. Most engines vary from 1.8 to 2.5 litres, 16 valves and four cylinders. So depending on how much you are willing to spend, your next car can do as much as almost drive itself.
Our Top Picks for the Best Selling Cars in Canada
We are here to help you in this exciting task to find the car of your dreams with a list of the best vehicles in Canada, highlighting the most innovative characteristics Canadians are parking on their driveway.
1 – The Honda Civic continues to be Canadians’ favourite car. Just in February alone, Canadians bought 3,724 units. Features include:
- LED daytime running lights and headlights.
- Seven-inch Display Audio System that connects with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Safety features that include forward collision warning, collision mitigation braking system, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow.
2 – Toyota Corolla: The brand new 2020 Corolla comes in a hybrid version for the first time, significantly reducing CO2 emissions. Features include:
- Heated steering wheel and heated rear seats, a must for many Canadians.
- Improved tech like the Scout GPS Link to Safety Connect, Destination Assist, and an eight-inch display screen.
- High-performance battery that is designed to last, requiring little additional maintenance.
3 – Hyundai Elantra: Hyundai’s best-selling car was redesigned to make drivers feel good thanks to new technology that improves safety and comfort. Features include:
- Hands-free smart trunk that opens automatically with the touch of a foot.
- Three options of multimedia displays that connect with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Infinity Premium audio system.
4 – Mazda3: For the first time, the 2019 Mazda3 comes with an all-wheel-drive system that you’ll be thankful for in the winter — no more getting stuck in the snow. Features include:
- Twenty-seven sensors that predict road conditions 200 times per second.
- Quietest cabin in the market and Bose speakers that deliver clear audio at high and low volumes.
- Rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, smart brake support, and more.
5 – Ford Fusion: You will feel like you’re doing little to no effort driving the new Ford Fusion. Features include:
- Ford Co-Pilot360 technology informs when a car is in the blind spot and scans lanes to detect a lane departure.
- Pre-collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking and adaptive cruise control.
- FordPass Connect modem allows you to start your car remotely, check odometer reading, fuel level, locate parked vehicle, and offers Wi-Fi hotspot.
6 – Volkswagen Jetta: The Jetta comes fully loaded with a wide range of features to choose from. Features include:
- Rail to rail power sunroof, rear view camera, app connect, and post-collision braking.
- LED headlights, tail lights, and daytime running lights.
- Digital cockpit with a 12.3-inch customizable display, ambient interior lighting with 10 different colours.
- Ventilated front seats.
7 – Toyota Camry: Although the Toyota Camry will save you lots in gas with its hybrid 2.5 litres straight-four, Double OverHead Cam, 16 valves engine. Features include:
- Sporty design built on the Toyota New Global Architecture platform.
- LED headlamps, extended wheelbase, wider stance, lowered centre of gravity.
- Available 10-inch head-up display on the front windshield.
8 – Kia Forte: Another inexpensive option, the Kia Forte features a sporty look. Features include:
- Intelligent variable transmission offers a smooth and natural shift of gears.
- Wireless phone charger to keep up with the newest technologies.
- Six-speed or Auto IVT transmission options, and 15- or 16-inch steel or machine finish allow wheels.
9 – Dodge Charger: One of the priciest sedans in this list is not a car for the ordinary person. The Charger is geared towards the sporty, speed-aficionado who also needs a vehicle that fits the family’s needs. Features include:
- Nappa leather or Nappa leather and Alcantara suede seats.
- Heated and ventilated front seats.
- 7-inch cockpit display, and award-winning Uconnect system.
10 – Nissan Sentra: Although the Nissan Sentra is not a car that excites a lot of buyers due to its simple design, it still offers features and systems that can work for your needs. Features include:
- Emergency braking and rear view camera.
- Spacious legroom and trunk.
- Push button ignition, heated mirrors, and steering wheel mounted controls.
Knowing the best selling cars in Canada is just a guideline to help you narrow your search for a new vehicle. Birchwood has more than 2,800 cars in our showrooms just waiting for a loving owner. Check our new car inventory here.