Imagine giving the reins to your vehicle and letting it take charge of steering, acceleration, and braking on its own, all while ensuring you stay securely in your lane. It’s not just an innovation; it’s a leap into the future of hands-free driving. Let’s find out how Ford is redefining the road trip as not just a commute, but a seamless journey with BlueCruise as your trusty driver.
What is Ford BlueCruise?
Ford BlueCruise technology allows you to enjoy hands-free driving on main highways across the US and Canada in areas called Hands-Free Blue Zones. The main purpose of BlueCruise is to make driving a more enjoyable experience and eliminate stress on your ride. When using the hand-free driving technology, you can engage with fellow passengers, enjoy the scenery, and arrive at your destination worry-free!
How does it work?
Here are some key features and functions of Ford BlueCruise:
Driver-Facing Camera and Sensors
- Ford BlueCruise uses driver-facing cameras along with vehicle sensors to operate your vehicle hands-free. The driver-facing camera ensures that your eyes are still focused on the road during the ride, and your safety is maximized.
Adaptive Cruise Control
- This keeps your vehicle at a comfortable distance behind the vehicle in front of you at all times.
Lane Change Assist
- To activate Lane Change Assist, simply tap your turn signal when safe to do so, and your vehicle will change lanes for you hands-free.
In-Lane Repositioning and Lane Centering Assist
- Lane repositioning subtly shifts your vehicle away from other vehicles in adjacent lanes to avoid collisions, and Lane Centering Assist maintains your position in the center of the lane on curves and turns.
Predictive Speed Assist
- This feature allows your vehicle to automatically adjust the speed depending on the road ahead. Ford Blue Cruise operates in stop-and-go traffic and has a maximum speed of 130 kilometres an hour on highways.
- Ford BlueCruise allows for greater ability to navigate narrow lanes and curves. There are times when BlueCruise will suggest hands-on driving during sharp curves to maintain safety but afterwards your vehicle will quickly change back to hands-free driving.
How to Access BlueCruise
Ford owners are accustomed to the many options and features available to them through SYNC®, but it also allows for them to use BlueCruise. You must first activate your in-vehicle modem and download the FordPass® app to view Ford’s suite of features provided through Connected Services.
To turn Ford BlueCruise on, start by pressing the Adaptive Cruise Control button on your steering wheel, then make sure your Lane-Keeping System is on. Now your instrument panel will turn blue and the hands-free icon will appear when you enter a Hands-Free Blue Zone!
You can choose to begin your hands-free highway driving experience with a complimentary 90-day trial. After which, BlueCruise requires a 3-year Connected Service plan that you can choose whether to subscribe to monthly or yearly!
Available BlueCruise-Equipped Vehicles
BlueCruise is available on select 2023+ Vehicles with SYNC®. All new vehicles equipped with SYNC® will rececive a free 90 day trial of Ford BlueCruise.
- Mustang Mach-E
- F-150 Lightning