Calling all creatives!
Birchwood is celebrating 60 years in business with a contest and a $5,000 prize!
Entry is simple, submit something creative for your chance to win! Graphic design, painting, drawing, video or anything else of your choice! Retro 60’s theme, mid-century modern or whatever inspires you when you hear “From 0-60”.
- Entry: Submit your art by DM to the Birchwood Instagram account. (Here) Please include full name and email address to contact you.
- Deadline: Entries must be in to us no later December 3rd
- Selection: Birchwood will select the top entries and post them to our Instagram feed for the public to vote.
- Contest: Top selections will be posted to Instagram Dec. 4-10. Voting will take place between December 4th – 17th.
- To vote, simply comment VOTE in all capitals in the comment section of your favorite art.
We wish you the best of luck, and thank you for supporting Birchwood!
1. Eligibility: “Birchwood 60th Anniversary” Art Contest is open only to those who sign up via the contest post on Instagram and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Birchwood Automotive Group (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Birchwood Automotive Group, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Contest starts on November 21st, 2023, and ends on December 18th, 2023. Entries will be accepted on Instagram From Monday November 20th, until Sunday December 3rd. All online entries must be received by 5:29 PM CENTRAL on November 30th, 2023.
4. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by following the entry guidelines specified on the corresponding Instagram Post. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Birchwood Automotive Group. Prize can be claimed after December 18th, 2023. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Birchwood Automotive Group.
5. Prizes: Prize winner will receive a cash prize of $5000. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or any other taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Birchwood Automotive Group to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The Winner will also need to sign a non-disclosure and acceptance agreement that will be delivered with their notification. This agreement must be signed for the prize to be delivered to the Winner. The prize(s) can be claimed on Monday, December 18th, 2023 until Monday, January 15th, 2023, within acceptance by the Winner, provided all terms and conditions have been met.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winner of the contest will be selected by public vote supervised by the sponsor. Winners will be notified via Direct Message to the Instagram Account they entered the contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Birchwood Automotive Group shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and provincial laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Birchwood Automotive Group, anyone acting on behalf of Birchwood Automotive Group, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contests, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Birchwood Automotive Group reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Birchwood Automotive Group may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Birchwood Automotive Group. Birchwood Automotive Group reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Birchwood Automotive Group has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Birchwood Automotive Group reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Birchwood Automotive Group. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Birchwood Automotive Group and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND MANITOBA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in MANITOBA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Birchwood, 3965 Portage Ave #35D, Winnipeg, MB R3K 2H7. Requests must be received no later than January 30th, 2023.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is Birchwood Automotive Group.