Trucks are a great option for Manitoba drivers — their height contributes to increased visibility in snowy and blustery weather conditions and their weight makes for easier, more controlled driving in winter months.
In this post, we take a look at the trucks for sale in Manitoba and highlight points you should consider before purchasing your next truck. We also breakdown truck-related services available at our Birchwood Service Centres.
>>Check Our Massive Selection of Trucks for Sale in Manitoba
Top considerations when purchasing a truck in Manitoba
Before stepping foot inside a dealership, make sure you have solid answers to these questions:
- Usage – more than other vehicle types, trucks can be used for work, play, and as a standard family vehicle. Having a clear idea of how you plan on using your truck will help sales associates point you in the direction of a truck that’s right for you in terms of size, towing and hauling capabilities.
- New or used – this is a question that most families consider when upgrading their vehicle. There are benefits to both new and used vehicles and that’s why Birchwood dealerships offer both options through its online inventory.
- Bed size – bed sizes vary drastically on trucks so if you plan on using your new truck to carry heavy loads, you’ll want to first determine the size of the heaviest possible load you’ll need to carry and then ensure the truck models that interest you are able to accommodate that size.
- Passenger capacity – many trucks don’t have second-row seating and you’ll need to decide if you’re willing to give up the luxury of extra seating in exchange for a lower price point, better gas mileage, and a smaller frame.
- Engine size – this is an especially important decision for drivers considering a truck because engine sizes vary drastically on truck models and heavily influence the hauling capacity of the vehicle. If you have serious towing needs, you’ll absolutely want a full-sized truck with a bigger engine, but if your towing needs are minimal, you can probably get away with a smaller engine that will save you money on gas.
Read More: Deals on Used Trucks in Winnipeg
Top truck options to choose from
Once you’ve decided that a truck is the right vehicle type for you and your family, you’ll need to refine your list of makes and models and hone in on a vehicle with features that meet your specific needs. Here are a few of the top truck models for Manitoba drivers:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – it’s no surprise that the Silverado 1500 is a top pick for Manitoba drivers — this full-sized truck boasts one of the best fuel economies in its class, and its sleek, sporty look, new as of 2019, stands out on Manitoba roadways.
- GMC Sierra 1500 – the Sierra, similar to the Silverado in body and interior layout, sits at a higher price point compared to other trucks in its class because of its premium features and higher-end materials. It’s worth considering if you’re looking to turn heads!
- Ford F-150 – the F-150 is one of the most reputable names on the road and has a reputation for leading the industry in terms of towing and hauling capabilities. The 2020 model has been a top-seller in Manitoba and offers versions for all purposes, including work and off-road adventures
Read More: Most Fuel Efficient Trucks in Canada
Where to buy your truck
With hundreds of models to choose from across a range of trusted brand names, Birchwood is Manitoba’s top choice for drivers looking to purchase a new or used truck. Here are a few reasons why:
- Convenience – our online inventory of new and used vehicles allows you to filter your search by a number of criteria including the brand, model, and year. Before even stepping foot into one of our franchised dealerships, you’ll be able to research your top choices and get a sense of what vehicle features are essential to the transportation needs of you and your family.
- Industry expertise – our vehicle experts at each of our 18 Manitoba dealerships receive factory training from top vehicle manufacturers, ensuring they have the right expertise to inform your purchasing decisions.
- Special financing – regardless of your credit situation, Birchwood Credit will work with you to get behind the wheel of your next truck. We are the only Winnipeg in-house financing that lends our own money, meaning more approvals at better interest rates.
- Make money when you buy – Birchwood We Buy makes it easy for you to sell your old vehicle and receive a cheque within 48 hours of the sale. While private sales can be quite risky and time-consuming, our We Buy program is quick and trustworthy.
Read More: Best Small Trucks in Canada
Connect with a sales associate today via our online chat function with any questions you may have about purchasing a truck in Manitoba. We’ll be happy to point you in the direction of makes and models that conform to your needs and budget constraints.